Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Plush and not so Plush-o-Rama

I have returned from the mall as a happy shopper!  I bought a pair of jeans two sizes smaller than the last pair I bought!  The saleslady did say that they changed the styles since last year, but it's still a good ego boost!  In the spirit of feeling a little thin for the day, I'm sharing something a little more plush than I.



When I first started sewing, I received this campy pattern book of "curious creatures for immature adults" for Christmas.  (A thoughtful gift from someone who knows me very well.)   Plush-o-Rama by Linda Kopp offers a collection of stuffed animals that clearly belong on the Island of Misfit Toys!  Their goofy smiles and fuzzy fur will making you wanting to create every last one of them.




The first opportunity I got, I scoured the remnants bin at Joann Fabric and bought enough fur and fabric to make an army of quirky creatures!  Unfortunately, I didn't make an army, but I did manage to finish "Plucky" (from the front cover) and "Grégoire" who proceeded to stick out his tongue when I told him to pose for his blog depute.  He clearly needs an attitude adjustment.



I give this book 5 spools of thread!   It's got colorful graphics, great projects and thoughtful biographies of the designers.  The patterns are easy (I made these I was just being to sew) and the directions are clear.  My only complaint is that I can't claim these goofy designs as my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment