Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hang Your Artwork on Dad's Shirt!



Last month, I was really exciting to learn that a blog post of mine inspired one of my readers to be crafty!  With the mention of my collection of clothing waiting to be craftily recycled, a friend found a great way to up-cycle her husband's old shirts!   And wouldn't you know, that mischievous Martha has yet again popped up in one of my blog posts!

A simple project, my friend, Polly, found a  Bulletin Board How-To on Martha Stewart's website and made this adorable bulletin board out of Homasote (a fibrous board used in building and found at your local hardware store) and old shirts.  She wrapped the board in the shirts, making sure to show off the buttons and pockets.  Now hanging in her three-year-old son's room, it's the perfect place to hand artwork and tuck in knickknacks!

Here's a picture she shared with me of the bulletin board hanging in his room:



What have you up-cycled recently??

No comments:

Post a Comment