Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Christmas Book Wish List


Photo from Amazon.com

I'm basking in the glory of a lazy Saturday morning.  Having fallen victim to a supermarket endcap, I'm enjoying some delicious Peppermint Mocha Coffee-mate in my brew this morning before I decide to wake up and get around to the usual pre-Christmas shenanigans. 

I'll be busy this weekend with Christmas shopping, crafting, decorating, cookie baking and a little bit of real work (yuck to that on the weekends!)  But you know, I've been extra good this year too!  So here's my Christmas wish list of books that I would love to add to my bookshelf.   Eat your heart out, Amazon!  (Yes, that stinkin' Kindle is on my wish list too!)


Sew What Fleece by Carol Jessop


Super cute fleecy designs!  And as she says on the back cover, "Give Fleece a Chance!"  I've enjoyed my copy of  Sew What Skirts, so I hope this book will be equally as pleasing to flip through.

Sew Liberated: Twenty Stylish Projects for the Modern Sewist by Meg McElwee













I've never really had a style that's all my own(I walked into the Gap yesterday wearing Gap jeans, a sweater and socks.  I then proceeded to cinch my jacket more tightly shut.)  I've really want to try to start displaying my interior craftiness on the outside!  Of course, I hope my recent jewelry purchases from Etsy will help too.  

Applique Your Way by Kayte Terry














 I've been attempting a lot of applique recently.  This book seems to have some great ideas and inspirations!


One Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Fabric Projects; Look How Much You Can Make With Just One Yard of Fabric!  by Rebecca Yaker













Say that five times fast or even in one breath!  With 101 projects inside, I'm sure I'll find at least a couple things to dream about making.

Handmade Home: Simple Ways to Repurpose Old Materials into New Family Treasures by Amanda Blake Soule













I'm very into being green, at least I try to be.  I've been saving up old shirts and sweaters until I can find a way to resew them into a treasure.  Hopefully this book with be helpful!

Have you read or own any of these books??  Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your wish list just became mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some great reads! Man, that Kindle thing is ruining the beauty of cracking open a book and the magic of print :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think of the Kindle as saving many trees! (Not as many books need to be printed.) Of course, I still want my bright and glossy craft books to thumb through! There's no replacement for those!

    ReplyDelete