Friday, January 22, 2010

More Than a Hill of Beans: Basket Building

Ah, 4:30 on Friday and almost time to clock out...wait! It's Friday, and I haven't published (or authored for that matter) a Hill of Beans post. I'm certainly not starting my new trend out very well...hmm, something cool from this week...  Found it!



One of my co-workers sent me an email forward of the 15 Most Strange Buildings of the World. We chuckled over the overly-imaginative architecture, and I was surprised to find I actually been to one of the buildings! The one pictured above is Longaberger's Basket Building in the Middle of Nowhere, Ohio. I would know that it's in the Middle of Nowhere, because I've been there! But that's another story for another day!

Here's the list of other strange buildings from the email. Do some Google image searching and enjoy! You may even come across some stranger buildings!

15 Most Strange Buildings of the World


1. The Crooked House (Sopot, Poland) This one's my favorite!!

2. Forest Spiral - Hundertwasser Building (Darmstadt, Germany)

3. The Torre Galatea Figueres (Spain)

4. Ferdinand Cheval Palace a.k.a Ideal Palace (France)

5. The Basket Building (Ohio, United States)


6. Kansas City Public Library (Missouri, United States)

7. Wonderworks (Orlando, Florida, United States)

8. Habitat 67 (Montreal, Canada)

9. Cubic Houses (Rotterdam, Netherlands)

10. Hang Nga Guesthouse a.k.a Crazy House (Vietnam)

11. The Ufo House (Sanjhih, Taiwan)

12. Nakagin Capsule Tower (Tokyo, Japan)

13. Erwin Wurm: House Attack (Viena, Austria)

14. Wooden Gagster House (Archangelsk, Russia)

15. Ripley's Building (Ontario, Canada)

No comments:

Post a Comment