Monday, January 18, 2010

Good Bias, Bad Bias!



It's official: I've thrown away my Dritz Quilting 1" Bias Tape Maker.  Last night, while making my coupon clutch, it was far easier folding and ironing fabric into bias tape than it was attempting to creating it with that hunk of metallic junk.  It's in the trash!  After previously using my Clover #18 Bias Tape Maker (for a different project because it produces a different sized tape,) I can officially claim that the Dritz brand is inferior in their bias tape makers....and a replacement 1" (Clover #25) bias maker is on my shopping list.  I feel great now that I've gotten rid of a little more junk in my life.  Right on!!

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny because I feel the exact opposite! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with a definite preference for my bias tape maker. I like the Dritz because the mouth is more open, which really helps me with my pull-iron-pull-iron rhythm. I feel like the mouth of the Clover is just a bit too tight for me to accomplish that rhythm. I have to keep stopping to fuss with the fabric. Good luck replacing that Clover!

    ReplyDelete