Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowflakes and Cinnamon Buns

 

We're getting the storm of the century here in Pennsylvania with 20"+ of snow!  My backyard is a winter wonderland, and I can't wait to put on my snow boots, sit down in one of those chairs and have some hot chocolate with Frosty!  


Speaking on Frosty, I started out the morning frosting these Cinnamon Buns!  I picked this recipe from Food Network's Alton Brown because you make them at night then store them in the frig until morning.   Perfect for waking up to on a sleepy, snowy Saturday.  Unfortunately, I have to confess, I think I added too much flour, and they didn't rise the way they should have.  They turned out very dense.  This is my second cinnamon bun failure.  I'll give myself one more chance before I resort to Pillsbury's Grands!

For now, we're staying warm by the pellet stove while the snow swirls outside, right Zorro?

No comments:

Post a Comment