Sunday, September 26, 2010

Love Garland

 Jill

I broke down and finally unraveled a collection of brown fat quarters I bought in Lancaster a few years ago. 

 Fairwell Fat Quarter Bundle

I needed a few of these fabrics to become backgrounds for name garland: my genius idea to decorate an empty window frame hanging in my living room.  MrBeans and I hung the old window pane over our couch a few weeks ago.  He really likes the reflection it produces, but it was a little bare.

Old window hanging in my living room.

I love making the name garland in Winsome Baby by Art to HeartSince I’ve never has the opportunity to make any person’s name with this garland, I’ve found other opportunities to have fun with this pattern.  I teetered between the words “love” and “home,” but the greatest of these is love, so it won.  I spent about an hour cutting and sewing together this quick project this afternoon.  Very sweet!

Name Garland from Winsome Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment