Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's December and I Can't Wait to Decorate!

When it rains, it pours!  I'm still running my marathon from last week. I won't go into all details and drama, but let's just say, I'm still trying to catch my breath!  (In other words, I still haven't done any sewing yet...)

I hope my schedule will clear up soon, because I'm really excited about finding time to decorate my house for Christmas!  Last year, my sweetie and I threw a big Christmas Open House party and decked our halls with as much tinsel and holly as we could stand!  So I'm looking forward to opening up the boxes of decorations again and donning them all over the house!



One of my favorite decorations that I created last year was this "Merry Christmas" Garland.  I chose some holiday fabrics that I loved, then followed the Name Garland pattern in Winsome Baby by Art to Heart.  I bought the book a while ago, hoping to make the same garland as a baby gift, but everyone seems to completely decorate their nurseries before they name their babies.  Doesn't make much room for this cute garland!   (So make sure you name the baby first, so I can finally make this cute garland for him/her.)  I love the way this turned out!  The "merry" and "Christmas" hung in the shape of a tree, so I had to add the star at the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment