Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Where the Wild Things Are" Hat


With Halloween right around the corner, I couldn't help but spoil my nephew by making him this cute hat inspired by the book Where the Wild Things Are. Designed by Jessy, the pattern and some detailed instructions are available on the always cool, Instructables website.

I followed Jessy's instructions and made the hat 1" smaller to hopefully fit my nephew's head. Using some grey fleece I had in my stash, I only deviated from her directions once. I reversed steps 14 and 15 and sewed the ears on before closing up the hat. That way, I cut and sewed through only one layer of fleece and was able to keep my mess from sewing hidden inside. I also used pipe cleaners in the ears and for the whiskers, hoping they were a little more "kid-friendly."

I special shout-out to Elmo, who was good enough to sit still and not break into the Hokie Pokey while he modeled the hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment