Monday, October 19, 2009

Fabric Pottery Vase

Alas, I found my camera! Just in time to snap some shots of my most recently finished project!


My current crafting obsession is fabric pottery. I've been turning this stuff on my sewing machine like crazy. I just love it! If you want to check out some of these creations, I'm selling various fabric pottery bowls at my shop. This time, however, I've created something a little different. Ever since I finished my first bowl, I've been dreaming up fabulous ideas with my new pottery talents. This is one of them finally brought to fruition: the vase.

Making a vase proved to be much more difficult than creating a bowl. Very carefully, I had to consistently sew a uniform diameter down the shaft of the vase. When the diameter would get too narrow, I had a lot of un-sewing to do. By the end, I sewed and un-sewed my way through two spools of thread!


The fabric cording is wrapped around a standard glass vase that I bought at Michael's so it will hold real flowers, fake flowers, or even a candle. A lot of sweat and thread went into this project, so I'm not sure how quickly I will jump into making a second...


No comments:

Post a Comment