Friday, October 30, 2009

Martha's Blueberry Scones



If my favorite thing to do is sew, then my next favorite is to eat cookies...which leads me to my third favorite thing to do, bake.

During my thesis year of college, my morning routine consisted of a stop at a small coffee shop on my way (slightly out of the way) to campus. That's where I fell in love with coffee and scones (and oat fudge bars and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. God, if they only shipped their goodies!)

All this sewing has really ramped up my appetite, and now that the leaves are falling, I'm reminded of heading back to class, and grabbing a scone on the way! So really, I have no other choice then to make some scones!

Being a mild fan of Martha Stewart, (and maybe a bigger fan of her daughter Alexis,) I tried her recipe for Blueberry Scones. I have never made scones before, but this recipe seemed simple, and I was intrigued by the addition of the lemon zest.



I bought frozen blueberries and gave the recipe a whirl.  Somewhere between steps 1 and 4, I made a rather large mess. Some triangular looking blobs made it onto the pan, and having gotten that far, I put them in the oven.

After twenty minutes, my first floor smelled sweetly of baking blueberries and some tasting looking treats came out of the oven.  Although they didn't look perfect, they tasted perfect! So perfect, I only ate three... The rest perfectly reheat in the toaster oven. Yum!



Also, check out Park Lane Design's blog!  Lisa featured one of my Etsy items today on her Fab 5 Friday Finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment