Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wedding Rings


The rain continues here for a second day straight. Water overflows my gutters and the sump pump works steadily with no worries of a pink slip. I've decided it's the perfect time to share a bright and cheerful wedding quilt!

This quilt was a gift last August for my husband's co-worker and his bride. I found the pattern, Wedding Rings by Seams & Dreams, in my local quilt shop. The name surely caught my eye, and I think the double rings are perfect for a wedding quilt! (And of course, there's no curves...which I've been assured I will love, once I try them.)
As I recall, I spent many evenings that month cutting fabric squares! Once they were all cut, it was easy to lay everything out, rearrange where needed, and get that quilt top pieced.

I designed the quilting pattern and quilted the whole thing myself! Okay, after looking at my work, I'm more proud of the fact that it's my first finished quilt with free-motion quilting!
As a final touch, I slipped an embroidered tag with their names and wedding date into the binding.

I'm thinking about trying this one again as a wedding gift. This quilt seemed a little small for a couple to get cozy under together, so I would like to make the next a little bigger. I'm thinking it also needs more contrast between the fabric rings and the background. Though wouldn't it be beautiful in a neutral scheme? Oh yeah, and see if I can find someone who can die-cut squares!

No comments:

Post a Comment