Monday, July 19, 2010

Pins on the Prairie

Jill blowing bubbles.

Ah hah!  You’re back, and I bet you didn’t  believe I would also be here with a finished project tonight, did you?  Okay, actually, I was very doubtful myself…but here it is!!

My Prairie Flower Pincushion

One Prairie Flower Pincushion from Moda’s free online sewing patterns. 

The pattern went together very well, as I am always pleasantly surprised when circles and circumferences match.  (As far as I’m concerned, there’s only p-i-e.)  I used two sets of charm squares, and pulled some extra matching squares from my stash to equal enough points for the top and bottom. When I got to the end, I was lucky enough to have my favorite fillings on hand: play sand and polyfill.  It gave a the pincushion a nice weight and fullness, without being too heavy.

Sewing together hexagons. Big hexagon out of little hexagons.
Age old question: How should I quilt this thing? Look, it works!

I’m so excited about getting a project completed and off the to-do list!  That probably means it’s time to head back to the beach!  …or get back to some of those unfinished projects…

No comments:

Post a Comment