Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Year At-a-Glance: Progress

I picked up this quilt pattern, Year At-a-Glance by the Quilted Fish, on my birthday when my mother-in-law and I went for a Quilt Store Road Trip to Pennington Quiltworks. (This is great store! Very warm and inviting, and lots of modern fabrics.)

I loved the simple tree design and easy hand emboidery and applique. The browns and blues remind me of being up at Lake Galena surrounded by the trees - so I had to stick with the same color scheme!

Here's what I've done so far (sorry for the blurry picture):

I am piecing together the four-patch border blocks, and this quilt is just growing in size! (Okay, so I did note the 74"x74" quilt size on the front of the pattern, but for some reason I convinced myself that it was smaller and that I was going to be able to fit it on the wall in my living room. Turns out, it's way bigger than any wall in my house, and I'm not sure how I'll display it when I'm done.) I'll post better pictures of the completed top, before I start quilting it. (Gulp!)

No comments:

Post a Comment